Jun 14, 2007

LEBRON WHO?!

How could the Cavs do this to me? Don’t get me wrong, I dig the Spurs, and I’m as much of a Tony Parker/Tim Duncan fan as the next guy but I at least wanted it to be a decent finals. I mean, c’mon Lebron, just make some shots dude. Work your magic man and make something happen, but nooooooooooooooooooo, you just had to let them HAVE the Finals; the Cavs didn’t even put up a fight.
It almost looked too easy for the Spurs; it reminded me of Apollo Creed getting royally demolished by the Russian in Rocky 4. I was on my knees with the Balboa tears screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!



















Ok, ok, ok, here’s the point; when you get on the big stage, you can’t choke. You have to step up and do it BIG. Nobody wanted Lebron to stink; everyone wanted him to win at least one game. Sadly, they choked.

The same thing happens in our lives. There are times when we get an opportunity to make a difference and really do the right thing, but for some reason we find ourselves choking. We make that massive mistake and fail miserably; we mess up and keep falling into that addictive behavior or repetitive sin. The cool thing about basketball is this, the Cavs get another shot next year! Here’s the even cooler thing about your life; YOU GET ANOTHER SHOT RIGHT NOW!

All you have to do is ask God to forgive you of your sins and then get up and keep going. Stop kicking yourself and watching the replays of your mistakes over and over and over again. Right now, you can receive the power to get God’s forgiveness. Repent of your sins, let God fill you with His spirit, then forgive yourself, get up, and keep going.

Do IT BIG for Jesus this week!


Love you guys.

(pics by ESPN.com)