Mar 10, 2008

The Insanely Cool Birthday Party

I went to a sweet 16 birthday party for a friend of ours (Hayley Masters) on Saturday night and I gotta tell you, it was one of the coolest bashes I have ever been to. It was on a horse farm, aptly named Traveler's Rest. The party featured sweet stuff like Horse tricks, performed by a world renowned trainer and his horse Pale Face, Horseback riding, 12 ounce steaks, a hayride, karaoke, a visit by superstar actor George Clooney. Ok, that last part is a lie but if he would have walked in I wouldn't have been surprised at all. The party was definitely the coolest.

My daughters and I rode horses while their mother cheered us on from the fence. It was a wee tad muddy but we had a blast. Jese and Jayden both wanted to ride "all by themselves".

Jayden (my sweet potato)























Jese (my ladybug)























It was awesome. I then proceeded to look really exceptionally cool for the photographer (Steven Myers) and he couldn't resist my J.C. PENNYesq modeling poses. I do believe this is the money shot.
The Marlboro man minus the stogie and lung cancer.








I look like a country star, except
...different.












We then moved to the heated and extravagantly decorated tent for massively awesome 12 ounce steaks and some rockin karaoke. My kids and I took the stage and laid down a smoking version of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". We tore the place down.
















I then was surprised and called to the stage by a good friend of ours (Nichole). Me, being very shy and reserved, hesitantly accepted her invitation to sing a stirring rendition of "The Heart Won't Lie" by Vince Gill and Reba McEntire.

I have two things to say about our version of this song:
1. I am not Vince Gill, and she definitly wasn't Reba (much better Nichole, much better..cough cough).
2. This was, hands down, the worst version of this song ever performed on this planet, we defined Simon Cowell's catch phrase, "That was such a karaoke performance" (snooty English accent).

But you know what Simon Cowell, we had fun so you can just SHUT YOUR FAT ENGLISH MOUTH. Ok, calm down Foster, wow, I might have taken that a bit too serious.


That's what's happening in my world. Hope all is going just peachy fantastic in yours. Remember to smile, it's good for your face!!!

Jeremy
jeremyfoster.org


If you missed my latest show, here it is again. It will make you really laugh. I did.