Feb 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day









Happy Valentines friends.

Had a great day today. I woke up this morning with a smiling 6 year old looking at me and screaming, "Happy Valentines Day Dad, what did you get us?" It was hilarious. They know their dad. I can't help myself, I'm a romantic.

Jayden (7) and Jese (6) spent the next few minutes freaking out over their pink roses, stuffed animals, and glow in the dark bracelets. The gift that was the biggest hit was the little sponge creatures that expand in water. The girls were ecstatic about this discovery. We put the small capsules in glasses of warm water and the waiting game began. It took much longer than any of us imagined that it would. In fact, after ten minutes of watching these squishy multicolored blobs float in the water and do absolutely nothing, I was getting a little perturbed. Finally, after 33 minutes, all of the sponge beasts had taken on the form of 25 multihued dinosaurs and the kids were elated. And my day was complete. There's nothing like the love of two beautiful daughters and a wonderful wife to make your life full and happy.
















It's now 9:57 p.m. and I'm thinking about life and those simple stubborn dinosaurs. Sometimes our dreams can feel that way, capsulated in colorful yet restrictive plastic casings refusing to burst forth into reality. We can get frustrated and try to break them open...oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, I tried that.... didn't work so well. In fact, what I got was a completely destroyed Stegosaurus.

Don't be afraid to go after your dreams but don't be so quick to tear into them that you damage the cocoon that is making you into a butterfly. Sometimes the growth takes place in the struggle. Keep struggling and soon the casing will fall off and you might just be a beautiful yellow T-Rex. Who knows? Just don't rush it, let it happen in time and God will be with you all the way.

Happy Valentines Day, keep dreaming!!!
In God's Grip,
Jeremy
jeremyfoster.org