Feb 26, 2008

Jeremy and the Chicago Snowball



Dudes,

The Bible commands husbands to love their wives. I now know why!

Jen and I had an awesome time at the Rise Up Student Conference in Chicago hosted by International Christian Fellowship. The hospitality of host pastor Ric Gonzalez and his really cool family was great! They took us to the most ridiculously cool restaurants. We ate Columbian food (some of the stuff was completely unrecognizable as food, but it tasted awesome) and there is a little joint in the hood called Zacataco and they have the most incredible tacos on the planet. I seriously dig Chicago.

The Chicago area is so diverse and hungry for an outpouring. I am convinced that the family of God is supposed to be a melting pot of culture and color. I love being involved with events that are truly multi-cultural. It just proves that God speaks every language. One time I heard a preacher say, "If you have a problem with people of a different color or culture down here on earth, you are going to have a problem with them in Heaven." I categorically disagree with that statement. I believe that if you have a problem with people of a different color or culture down here, you aren't going to Heaven. We are commanded to love one another, no matter the color. Jesus said we would be identified with Him by showing our love "one towards another". I've seen a lot of so-called "Christians" who are so filled with hatred and become judgmental that they are completely ineffective and I question their "Christianity". Jesus said the 2 most important things were to "Love the Lord your God" and "Love your neighbor". When you strip it down love is basically how you think about and treat others. This week do your best to love someone who may seem unloveable to you. (wow, I jumped up on a little soap box there).

After the event a sweet awesome snow storm hit Chicago (our flight is currently delayed). We were able to hang and have a great time. This was the first time that my beautiful sweet wife has ever really been in falling snow. It was cool. She loved it and then smacked me right in the kisser with a snow ball.

We had a blast

Love you guys
jeremyfoster.org